Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Glaring Lights

From What the eyes cannot see

by Al John Chiong

Dark gray skies that blankets all under heaven
Stings from the cold breeze that are around me
Buzzing sounds of people moving there and then
It sure seems like it’s the same bad movie

I frantically dash looking for a sanctuary
With my washed up esteem as I carry through
Thinking I could never cope with this voyage-
A trek not worth of its mission’s crew

Stifled from infinite daunting tasks
A long list of things unravel its ugly face
That even forever cannot dare to outlast
As taunts from misery continue to dance with grace

Worry ruptures immense screams out of me
While keeping serenity that emanates the outside
But craving for hours that be
Where I get to finally dictate the route of my life’s tide

Exhaustion creeps as the hour strikes twelve
I am back to reality as I pack up to leave my plight
And my spirit starts to rejuvenate
As I make my way through the glaring lights of the night

No comments:

Post a Comment